Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Short Thoughts for Today

Today's short thoughts will come from Hebrews 10:14-18 where we read, "For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND UPON THEIR MIND WILL I WRITE THEM," He then says, "AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin."

There is much to say about the content of these verses but in my "short thoughts" format, I will attempt to keep my comments brief. If you find yourself amongst the blessed; those who have been set apart by the work of the Holy Spirit; a recipient of God's lavished grace; praise God that you have been perfected for all time! This truth testifies to His effectual work and the rest that we find in Christ.  

Consider our sins and lawless deeds. I could not begin to count the number that would have my name alongside them as their owner. Simply put, since my entrance into this world, sins and lawless deeds have been mine in abundance. Believer in Christ, I am not suggesting that I dwell on mine or that you dwell on yours. But do glory in what He has done on our behalf. He has purposed to remember them no more! This is not the result of a God who has grown old and forgetful. It is the result of a God who has given His Son to be our sin bearer. In Christ, we find hope that God has purposed to remember our sins and lawless deeds no more!

In Romans 4:7-8, the Apostle Paul wrote of the blessedness of forgiveness. Quoting from Psalm 32, the apostle wrote, "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED, BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."  The efficacy of Christ's offering for sin is etched in the forgiveness that is found in Him. As many as my sins and lawless deeds have been, I am forgiven in Christ. Yes, I am a blessed man! Hear what the scripture says believers in Christ. Know the completeness of your forgiveness. "Where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin." It is finished! He is seated! Believer, you are forgiven!



No comments: