Sunday, October 18, 2009

Found Quotes

Several years ago I had the privilege of meeting and listening to Pastor Lee Toms teach from God's word. Pastor Toms served the Lord as Pastor of Arcade Baptist Church in Sacramento, California for 40 years. Founding the church in 1952, Pastor Toms shepherded this congregation as it grew to consist of over 1900 members in 1992 when he retired. Pastor Toms was 80 years of age when he went home to be with the Lord in 2007.

Before and since I had the opportunity to meet this servant of the Lord, I have never been in the presence of another believer whom Christ seemed so evident in. Anyway, today I found a piece of paper that I had written down some quotes from Pastor Thoms from when I had heard him speak once and thought I would share them. They are still relevant and I believe will remain so.

"This is not the time for a timid Church of Christ."

"Now is the time for Godly living, prayer and bold speak."

"God would have us give earnest heed and careful attention."

"Not fans, but followers are wanted by Christ."

"God does not desire a tip of the hat in patronage, but a bowed life."

And this great reminder;

"The world has never been cordial to God, the Church and Grace."

Thank you Pastor Toms.

No comments: