Sunday, November 24, 2013

It's Not Just a Name That I'm Called

I greatly appreciate the words that God inspired the Apostle John to write in 1 John 3:1. It is here that we read, "See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are". I just love those words! Yes indeed, we are called the children of God and such a privilege is indicative of the great love He has bestowed upon us. God appears to emphasize the importance of our knowing that it isn't just something we are called, but something that we are. This truth inspired me to write the following that I've titled, "Not Just a Name":

“Believer”, is a name that we have been called for some time
Believed the gospel, trusted in Christ and since then that name has been mine, yes since then that name has been mine

It’s not just a name that I’m called but a name that by calling I am, yes a name that by calling I am

Called those of “The Way” and oh how much it is true
It’s one of the names that Jesus did claim, it was good for His followers too, yes good for His followers too

It’s not just a name that I’m called but a name that by calling I am, yes a name that by calling I am
 
“Christians” first in Antioch, is the name they were called
Now all around the world today, were “Christians” one and all, yes “Christians” one and all

It’s not just a name that I’m called but a name that by calling I am, yes a name that by calling I am

“Saints” we are called the Bible does say, Heaven are home one day
Not a “Saint” because of the things we have done but a “Saint” because of His name, yes a “Saint” because of His name

It’s not just a name that I’m called, but a name that by calling I am, yes a name that by calling I am

“Children of God” what a glorious name, but they’re not just words from afar
It’s a real name, the grandest of names, He wants us to know who we are, yes He wants us to know who we are

It’s not just a name that I’m called but a name that by calling I am, yes a name that by calling I am


Yes, it’s not just a name that I’m called, but a name that by calling I am.

Greg

No comments: