Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I would like to quickly apologize for not posting a short thought for today and yesterday as I had planned. Since returning from the camping/trout fishing trip I enjoyed with my son last week, I have felt exhausted the few days. I guess that is why they say that sometimes you need a couple of days of rest to recover from your "vacation".

Anyway, we returned late Friday afternoon as planned after a great week of fishing at Oregon's Diamond Lake. I joked with my pastor this past Sunday that although God cares for the sparrow, He cares for the rainbow trout at Diamond Lake as well. He has provided them with such great habitat where they can thrive and grow large quickly. They say that the fingerlings that were planted last spring now average 13-15 inches and weigh approximately one pound. With the Oregon Department of Fish and Game estimating there are over 150 pounds of insects per acre at the lake, they have much to feed on.

We caught many trout over 15 inches, with several being 17-19 inches and all of them quite fat. Although I did not, my son broke the 20-inch mark with a rainbow just under 22 inches. I will have to go back again (perhaps next year) to make a further attempt at cathing a 20-inch rainbow. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip that I hope you enjoy.






No comments: