Friday, February 19, 2010

Short Thoughts for Today

In Hebrews 11:5, the passage for today's short thoughts, we read, "By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; AND HE WAS NOT FOUND BECAUSE GOD TOOK HIM UP; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God."

As I considered this passage I concluded that I have something in common with Enoch and that I may one day yet have even more in common with him. By faith alone I am able to please God. By faith in Christ, His only begotten Son. By faith in the One of whom He said, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased." Through the kind intention of His will, by grace and through faith,  I am in Christ! What a position is mine. What a position is ours! May we never cease to marvel at this most grandest of truths.

There is also a chance that one day I will be amongst those who are living at the time of His coming. Speaking of our Lord's return, the Apostle Paul encouraged the Thessalonians, saying that "we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord." Yes, one day, like Enoch, I may be "not found" because I have been taken up. And like Enoch, faith (in Christ) will precede my being taken up. My He be praised!

No comments: