Thursday, June 19, 2014

Today's Bible reading is the 5th chapter of the Book of Romans. You can read it here at Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+5&version=NASB

A little over 30 years ago I found myself the recipient of a most treasured gift. It was the "gift of righteousness" that God had freely given me out of His "abundance of grace". It was the gift of knowing His Son, Jesus Christ. Since that day I have come to better understand the words found in today's passage where we see that "at the right time Christ died for the ungodly". I am "born again", "justified by His blood" and "reconciled to God" in Christ. It was on that day, those many years ago, that I obtained my "introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand". The righteousness that I find in Christ is the same today as it was back then. But I have come to know grace more and more as I have grown in my knowledge of the One who made grace possible for me. Yes, it is a wonderful truth, our salvation  was our introduction into this grace of God and we can become intimately acquainted with grace as we grow in our relationship with the One who is the giver of grace. May we have a heart to pray that others would be introduced to this wonder of grace as they believe in Jesus by faith. May we know Jesus better and grow deeper in grace.

No comments: