Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Short Thoughts for Today

Today's passage of scripture is from Hebrews 2:10, where the author writes, "For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings." Like so much of God's word, many thoughts are prompted by these words.

For me, the first thoughts that I have are about the first few words and then the last words of the verse; "For it was fitting for Him" and "to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings". I am quickly reminded of the psalmist's words, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD." I do not suppose that we would have determined that it was "fitting" for Him to be perfected through sufferings. Fitting for the One "for whom are all things, and through whom are all things".

And I so much appreciate that I am among the "many sons" He has brought to glory. I could not have come to this place on my own. I had neither the knowledge of this place of glory nor the desire to seek such a place. But the author of my salvation desired to bring me there. I now find myself "raised up with Him", and seated "with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus". May He be praised.

No comments: