Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Short Thoughts for Today

In today's passage we read the tremendous words of encouragement, "He is not ashamed to call them brethren". The entire passage for today is Hebrews 2:11-13 which says, "For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying, 'I will proclaim Thy name to My brethren, In the midst of the congregation I will sing Thy praise.' And again, 'I will put My trust in Him.' And again, 'Behold, I and the children whom God has given Me.'"

There is so much about me, my thoughts, my actions, and my inactions that He could have cause to be ashamed of. But I am a gift from the Father to the Son; accepted in the Beloved! Paul wrote to the Romans that "Christ also accepted us to the glory of the God" On my own there is nothing about me that would make me a gift worth giving or receiving. But by His grace He has made me a new creature in Christ. I have been clothed with His righteousness and in Christ alone find myself having worth.

Certainly we have taken note that the Son trusts the Father explicitly. The beloved Apostle John recorded these words of the Savior, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out". He trusts the Father in what He has given Him. Yes, we "are all from one Father"; How special it is to be "of the household of the faith".

No comments: