Thursday, January 23, 2014

Today's Bible reading is the 17th chapter of the Book of Matthew. You can read it here at Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2017&version=NASB

Our scripture reading for today includes that great story of Jesus' transfiguration on the "high mountain" where He had purposely taken Peter, James and John to witness its occurrence. As I read the passage this morning I found myself drawn to a portion of the word's spoken by Peter as he beheld the transfigured Jesus and saw Moses and Elijah also, speaking with Him. Peter spoke to Jesus and said, "Lord, it is good for us to be here", Wow, I should say so. It would have been good to be there!

Certainly I was not there but I feel I can say with a grateful and thankful heart, "Lord, it is good to be here in this place today privileged to know You." By grace we have found ourselves to be in a "good place". Privileged to know the Jesus who was one day transfigured before three of His disciples and privileged to know Jesus who was one day crucified for the whole world to see. Privileged to know the matters of "first importance", His death, burial and resurrection. Privileged to know that God has forgiven me of my sins. Privileged to know that I am presently seated in Christ in heavenly places. Privileged to know that I am secure in Him. Privileged to know that He has prepared good works for me to walk in. Privileged with His many blessings. Privileged to know that He is coming again. Yes, privileged to know that I will one day see Him face to face. When I consider this "place" that I am in, I too can look to Jesus and say, "Lord, it is good for us to be here".

No comments: