Friday, January 24, 2014

Today's Bible reading is the 18th chapter of the book of Matthew. You can read it here at Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18&version=NASB

Who might be greatest in the kingdom of heaven, the faith and humility of a child, stumbling blocks, rejoicing over the lost sheep found and the importance of forgiveness are among the lessons in Matthew 18 that one might spend much time on. Let me first say that we should be well content with Jesus being "greatest in the kingdom of heaven". But the thought that stuck in my mind as I read today's passage was that He has "settled my account". Praise God. I could not pay "my account" in denarii, talents or any other form of currency. The Lord Jesus took my overwhelming debt of sins and trespasses and cancelled it out by nailing it to the cross when He bore my sins on Calvary. Yes, "blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account". I am a blessed man. My account with God is settled in Christ!

No comments: