Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today's Bible reading is the 10th chapter of the Book of John. You can read it here at Bible Gateway: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10&version=NASB

This Easter weekend we will be celebrating the glory of our risen Savior. Jesus is "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". In today's chapter of scripture we find the word "sheep" used fourteen times and the word "shepherd" six times. Although He is the Lamb of God, we see Jesus being referred to as "the door of the sheep" and "the good shepherd" in today's passage. As I write today, I find myself privileged to be one of His sheep. There are many sheep in His flock but He knows each one; He knows me. I have "entered in" through Him and have been saved. In Him I have found "pasture". Born again, I can hear the voice of the Good Shepherd. And I rejoice that, with the Lord Jesus Christ being "the owner of the sheep", the sheep, including myself, can rest. We are His sheep and when the "wolf" comes He will not flee. Praise God. May we rejoice in the Lamb of God this Easter. May we praise our "Good Shepherd" and may we rest in His ownership and care of His sheep.

No comments: